Dr. Edward Marshall
Dr. Edward Marshall works with MMG, and is President/ Founder of The Marshall Group; he serves as a strategic consultant, trusted adviser, and change facilitator for senior leadership of Fortune 500 as well as medium-sized businesses. He is best known as a pioneer in the field of collaborative leadership and culture change, and has led hundreds of leaders and teams through results-based collaborative change.
Dr. Marshall is an expert in assessing business, team, and organizational needs, and in facilitating initiatives that result in high trust leadership cultures, bottom line results, and sustainable growth. Edward is an adaptive change agent with numerous success stories in leading organizations through culture change, reorganizations, IT software systems, business process redesigns, and mergers – resulting in increased productivity and optimized performance. He specializes in working with virtual and matrixed organizations, helping them build trust for high performance.
Edward is also a cross-functional leader and facilitator who interfaces comfortably with diverse stakeholder groups to foster consensus-based alignment and shared vision. He’s an award-winning innovator and thought leader who has worked with over 150 senior leadership teams at top national and global companies to produce measurable results that align with strategic goals.
Finally, he is a Duke University Certified Business Coach and American Management Association best-selling author.
- Consultant and Trusted Adviser to Leading Organizations—Worked with companies in the US, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and South Asia including Microsoft, VMware, DuPont, Marriott, Philips Brazil, Philips Healthcare, Conoco, Edcon (South Africa), Rhone Poulenc, US Airways, and Computer Sciences Corporation.
- Culture Change Facilitator and Executive Coach—Worked with C-Suite business leadership to shape collaborative leadership cultures that resulted in significant business results and sustainable cultures. Executive coach to more than 100 senior business leaders.
- Industry Recognized Thought Leader—Winner of the Excellence in Organization Development Award from the American Society for Training & Development. Nationally syndicated business columnist. Selected as one of America’s Top 100 Trust Leaders by Trust Across America in 2011, 2012, and 2014. He is also a nationally syndicated columnist with American Cities Business Journals, where, since 1997, he has provided thought leadership on trust and collaboration in In the Workplace.
- Published Author of Best-Selling Business Books—Authored two best-selling American Management Association business books: Transforming the Way We Work: The Power of the Collaborative Workplace, which was a Knight-Ridder best-seller, and won several awards from the American Management Association and the Society for Human Resource Management. His second book, Building Trust at The Speed of Change, was also a Knight-Ridder best-seller. Contributing author to The Culture Advantage.
- Best Practices Service Developer—Developed award-winning best-practice for leadership, team, and organizational transformation: The Collaborative Method(TM), which includes services for leadership, team development, culture change, and organization design. Helped develop a Leadership Strategy service for a global leadership organization. Holds several Service Marks from the US Patent Office.